We are looking for a CAD Designer sto draw interior architectural infill elements for commercial applications. We work in entertainment facilities, houses of worship and corporate venues, nationwide. The person in this position would report to the Shop Manager. The CAD Designer will be a valuable member of the fabrication team. This individual will be responsible for creating shop drawings to communicate information needed to produce elements from structural aluminum, wood and other materials.
The individual should always be striving to improve their education, skills and efficiency. The person should be an excellent communicator and be a high-capacity self-starter. The ability to follow directions, solve problems and work with others as a team and staff alike is a must.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficent in Inventor
- Two (2) years of relative experience in CAD drafting
- The ability to follow instructions and have a strong sense of attention to detail.
What does this job entail?
- Analyze and review project plans, specifications, AutoCAD drawings etc. to gain full understanding of project
- Incorporates renders and existing plans into design elements to fill the space as needed. Work with design team and project managers to reconcile conflicting information.
- Create shop drawings to communicate information needed to produce elements from structural aluminum, wood and other materials.
- Travels to site to take measurements of space to model.
- Create technical drawings for sharing concepts, for fabrication and to diagram installation.
- Able to effectively communicate design intent to design and fabrication staff.
- Create parts list for shipping and receiving to vendors and final destination.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Follow instructions of supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisor and other departments on the status of the project.
- Contribute in other areas as needed.
- Pack finished goods for shipment.
- Load and unload materials and finished products.
- Work in a safe manner following safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of assembly methods and materials.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and understand project plans and documents.
- Has good common sense and the ability to problem solve
- Able to follow instructions.
- Be dependable (showing up on time
- A good team player
- Conceptual skills
- Process improvement
- Verbal communication
- Functional and technical skills